Hon. Robert A. Graci (Ret.)
Hon. Robert A. Graci (Ret.) serves as a mediator and arbitrator with Optimal Dispute Resolutions. He works with parties and their counsel to achieve fair and impartial resolutions to disputes through effective arbitration and mediation techniques. Between his experience as an appellate judge, his service as Chief Counsel to the Judicial Conduct Board and his work for the Attorney General’s Office, Judge Graci has seen some of the most complex issues. As a result, he is well-positioned to approach each mediation and arbitration in a fair and objective manner to bring even the most complicated cases to resolution.
A retired Pennsylvania Superior Court Judge, Judge Graci recently served as Chief Counsel to the Judicial Conduct Board of Pennsylvania. Within this role as Chief Counsel, Judge Graci served as Chief Legal Adviser to the Board. His responsibilities included the supervision of the Board’s staff, the conduct of its investigations and the Board’s prosecutions before the Court of Judicial Discipline.
Judge Graci served on the Superior Court from 2002 to 2004 before becoming a Member in the Harrisburg office of Eckert Seamans Cherin & Mellott, LLC, focusing his practice on appeals, white collar criminal defense, general litigation, regulatory and administrative law and governmental relations. Drawing on his many years as an appellate litigator and judge, he chaired the firm’s Appellate Practice Group, further refining his brief-writing and appellate advocacy skills while successfully navigating a number of appeals.
Prior to his appointment to the bench in 2002, Judge Graci was the Assistant Executive Deputy Attorney General for Law and Appeals of the Criminal Law Division of the Pennsylvania Office of Attorney General. As a Deputy Attorney General for almost 18 years, he briefed and argued cases in each of the state and federal appellate courts in Pennsylvania, as well as the Supreme Court of the United States.
Judge Graci has lectured for the Pennsylvania Bar Institute, Pennsylvania Conference of State Trial Judges, the Minor Judiciary Education Board, Pennsylvania District Attorneys Institute, Delaware State Bar Association and other forums. He has authored several articles and CLE course materials and has been recognized for his accomplishments by the PBA and the several attorneys general he served.
- Chief Counsel, Judicial Conduct Board of Pennsylvania, 2012-2018
- Attorney (Member), Eckert Seamans Cherin & Mellott, LLC, 2004-2012
- Pennsylvania Superior Court Judge, 2002-2004
- Assistant Executive Deputy Attorney General, Pennsylvania Office of Attorney General, 1984-2002
- University of Miami School of Law, J.D., cum laude
- West Chester State College, B.A.
- Pennsylvania Attorney General’s Certificates of Achievement – 1989, 1989, 1996 and 2002
- Association of Government Attorneys in Capital Litigation Regional Vice President’s Award for Excellence in Appellate Advocacy – 1991-1992
- Pennsylvania Bar Association Special Achievement Award for Service as Chair of the Criminal Law Section – 2002
- Pennsylvania Bar Association Special Achievement Award for Service as Co-chair of the Appellate Advocacy Committee -2004
- Pennsylvania Bar Association Special Achievement Award for Service as Chair of the CLE Program Development Subcommittee of the Task Force on the lnterbranch Commission on Juvenile Justice Report – 2011
- Pennsylvania Super Lawyer – 2007 (Appellate), 2008 (Appellate), 2009 (Gaming Law), 2010 (Gaming Law), 2011 (Appellate), and 2012 (Appellate)
- Pennsylvania District Attorneys Association, Award for Excellence, 2008